Non-Thai nationals whose initial port of departure started from Poland or Ukraine, may apply for a Certificate of Entry (ONLINE) with the Royal Thai Embassy in Warsaw. Those whose port of departure are in other countries should submit their applications with the respective Royal Thai Embassies.
***Please apply for COE online at least 3 weeks before your scheduled departure***
To apply, please:
(1) First, apply for an appropriate visa. For information on visa application procedures, CLICK HERE. If you already hold a valid Thai visa, please proceed to step (2).
(2) Once visa has been issued, please proceed to completing COE application online: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th Please make sure that you have the following documents ready:
- For pre-approval stage (registration)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of valid visa or re-entry permit
- Health insurance policy which expressly covers treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD
- Other documents to prove exempted status of non-Thai nationals (copy of marriage certificate for spouse of Thai national, copy of work permit for work permit holder, etc.)
- For final approval stage (confirmation)
- Flight confirmation
- Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking (or AHQ/OQ confirmation)
- 15 Days/14 Nights: For those who travel from countries with COVID-19 African variant, as follows;
- South Africa
- 12 Days/11 Nights: For those who did not receive vaccination or incomplete vaccination
- 8 Days/7 Nights: For those who received complete dosage of vaccination approved by WHO and the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- IMPORTANT: Duration of stay is based on the risk assessment and the discretion of the Thai Ministry of Health officials stationed at the border immigration, therefore it is advised for those with complete vaccination to book ASQ for 12 Days/11 Nights first.
(3) The COE application process is divided into two stages:
- Pre-approval stage (Registration)
- This is when the applicants are required to register for the COE by uploading a copy of their passports, valid or/re-entry permit, and evidence of their exempted status. Upon completing the registration, applicants will receive a 6-digit code. Applicants must take note of this code which is needed for checking the status of their applications.
- If the applicants qualify for the COE and have provided all required documents, the Embassy will pre-approve their registration within 3 working days. The applicants can check the status of their registration by visiting https://coethailand.mfa.go.th and clicking the "check the result" tab.
- If documents are missing, the Embassy will reject the registration and the applicant will have to upload additional documents as per instruction. The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents, as necessary.
- Final approval stage (Confirmation)
- Once pre-approved, the applicants will have 15 days to confirm their flights and ASQ by uploading two additional documents: (1) flight confirmation and (2) confirmation of ASQ hotel booking. To upload, please click the "confirm travel" tab on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th
- Please ensure that ASQ hotel booking is for 15 nights, starting on the date of arrival in Thailand. Booking should be made for "ASQ package" directly with the approved ASQ hotel. Hotel booking done via online agents without "the ASQ package" will be rejected. Click HERE for the current list of approved ASQ hotels.
- The Embassy will approve the COE within 3 working days upon receipt of all the required documents.
- Successful applicants can download COE directly from https://coethailand.mfa.go.th Please print out the COE and keep it for travelling.
- Please do not upload flight confirmation and ASQ confirmation during the pre-approval (registration) stage.
- The COE is issued for specific flight and ASQ. If the applicant changes flight and/or ASQ after receiving the COE, he/she must contact the Royal Thai Embassy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a new COE. The applicant will be given access to his/her old account on the COE application platform to amend flight/ASQ details and to re-apply for a new COE via the platform.
- There is no fee for the application for a COE.
- **Please apply for COE online at least 3 weeks before your scheduled departure***
(4) Once COE is issued, the traveller should proceed to making an appointment with doctors/clinics to obtain:
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure time.
- Fit to Fly Health Certificate, which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure time. UPDATE: Fit to Fly Health Certificate will no longer be required from 1 April 2021 onward.
(5) UPDATE: From January 2021 onward, after receiving their COE, all travellers are required to download ThailandPlus Application by registering their details using the COE (Certificate of Entry) number and Reference ID (6 digit code). For more information, please check https://thailandplus.in.th/en/